In cooperation with EGO – Evaluation for Government Organizations s.c. we have analyzed selected initiatives implemented within Polish aid granted by the Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs during the period 2011-2013. The study was committed by the Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
This evaluation was focused on selected development initiatives carried out in years 2011-2013 within 4 components of the Polish development aid:
- Component 1, the evaluation of the project “The Scholarship Programme for Warsaw University East European Studies students” („Program stypendialny dla studentów Specjalistycznych Studiów Wschodnich Uniwersytetu Warszawskiego”) in relation to its impact on the situation of beneficiaries – students from Eastern Europe, Caucasus and Central Asia;
- Component 2, the evaluation of projects implemented during 2011-2013 in the field of small and medium enterprises (SME) in Georgia in relation to the impact of the Polish aid on SME development in that country;
- Component 3, the evaluation of projects implemented during 2011-2013 in the field of small and medium enterprises (SME) in Ukraine in relation to the impact of the Polish aid on SME development in that country in the context of employment growth;
- Component 4, evaluation of coproduction agreement between Belorussian Radio Racja and the Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs in 2013.
Conclusions and recommendations prepared during the evaluation will:
- enable to increase the impact of the Polish aid, increase the impact of the projects on the situation of their beneficiaries;
- improve the positive image of Poland as a country the actively operates for the good of sustainable development of the world;
- be supportive for decision making process regarding issues related to financial development cooperation co-financed by the Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs.